This Senior Control Systems Engineer will lead and mentor team in the automotive industry and manage these projects. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- BS in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Chemical, Mechanical) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years leading and managing turnkey (concept to installation) electrical and controls system teams in automotive space for body, paint, and assembly
- 10+ years designing and installing controls for conveyor systems and paint projects
- 10+ years experience programming Siemens S7 and TIA PLC systems
- 5+ years experience programming and configuring WinCC HMI systems
- Strong electrical aptitude for diagnosing and troubleshooting motors, drives, field devices, and controls
- Strong understanding of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings
- Proven experience developing and deploying drawing packages using EPLAN P8
- Proven ability to teach and train engineering teams for delivering electrical and controls designs and software for automotive customers
- Proven ability to translate customer specifications into software following existing customer programming standards
- Proven ability to understand, modify and expand code
- Experience with checkout and startup of systems
- Experience with VFDs, control hardware and related equipment
- Experience with safety hardware and software applications
- Experience with Zenon software
- Experience with robotics
- Travel 5-10%
- Must be willing and able to work holidays, weekends and extended hours, as required for shutdowns
- Must have valid driver’s license
- A&E Engineering, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity.