As the general accountant for A&E Engineering, A&E Professional Resources, A&E Installation Services, and any other entities with common ownership, this role assists accounts payable and the accounting manager with daily tasks and serve as designated back-up for accounting tasks and purchasing.
These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Review client contracts, non-disclosure agreements and advise on areas that need to be addressed.
- Risk management
- Process job request forms and create projects in the accounting system
- Create project resource plans, as needed
- Enter all cash receipts and cash transfers
- Create all invoices and send to clients
- Work with project managers to issue client invoices and manage account receivable collections
- Submit monthly and quarterly sales and use tax filings by state
- Reconcile general ledger
- Process corporate credit card statements
- Maintain fixed assets sub-ledger and record depreciation each month
- Compile AP checks weekly and mail
- Responsible for bank deposits
- Work with auditors and prepare required audit schedules
- Backup to purchasing department
- Process monthly payroll
- BS (with 5 years experience) in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3 years accounting experience, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, purchasing, fixed assets, payroll, and sales and use tax filing
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- ERP system(s)
- Travel: 0%
- Must be willing and able to extended hours, as needed to prepare for audits and month end closings.
- A&E Engineering, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity.