The Automation Specialist (Shop/Install) is responsible for the fabrication and installing of prototype panels, build-to-print electrical/control panels (per specification) and reading/interpreting drawings. This specialist will provide testing support in house and in a field environment. Responsibilities also include field install, check out, troubleshooting, and commissioning support/assistance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years experience building control panels with recognized manufacturer(s)
- Ability to read layout drawings and elementaries
- Ability to provide mechanical build (layout of backplate, drilling, tapping, component layout)
- Ability to wire using elementaries (no point to point wiring diagrams)
- Ability to provide as-built redlines for record drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Knowledge of circuits and electronics
- 3+ years experience building control panels with recognized manufacturer(s)
- Experience building UL panels
- Ability to preform project tasks and groups
- OSHA 10 and/or 30
- Travel up to 80% of the time
- Must be willing & able to work weekends, holidays and extended hours, as required for shutdowns or installations
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- A&E Engineering, Inc. will only employee those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening
- Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Perform demo and install of electrical equipment based on blue prints or schematics
- Perform cable tray installation, bend/run conduit, pull/run wires, and terminations
- Communicate project status to Project Managers
- Work directly with engineers and programmers to provide start-up support
- Attend regular team meetings when in the field
- Assist with testing and commissioning of completed panels
- Provide feedback on completed field documentation, toolbox talk, JSA’s, and field notebook reports
- Provide recommendations for additional PPE or facility safety items
- Provide assistance in the field when necessary, especially reviewing job sites and establishing safety protocol
- Interface with sub-contractors as it relates to safety
- Willingness to learn new methods/tools to advance skill set
Compensation & Benefits:
A&E Engineering, Inc. offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package; health, dental, vision; HSA; Disability (LT & ST); 401(k); paid holidays, sick and vacation.
Be part of a team that furthers your career goals, rewards hard work, creativity and commitment, and cares about YOU. Your teammates at A&E will support you, have your back and aren't afraid to have fun.
No outside recruiters or agencies please.
A&E Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.