MATERIALS MANAGER FOR CUSTOMER SITE
This materials manager will be responsible for the administrative tasks assigned by the customer. In this utility role, this person will wear many hats while serving in the embedded role at the customer site. These include receiving, inventory, staging and delivery of material.
This role will also coordinate with related project teams to take care of various administrative needs.
HS diploma, GED or AS degree.
2 years experience in a support function.
Detail oriented, highly organized and ability to multi-task.
Strong written and verbal communication.
Self-motivated and takes initiative with minimal guidance.
Ability to lift 50 pounds of material.
Ability to safely drive forklift.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Purchasing experience or vendor management.
Experience purchasing/handling panels and parts.
Working Manager for receiving items for projects and maintain an efficient inventory system.
- Track delivery status and provide updates.
- Facilitate returns (RMA documentation, shipping, tracking, replacement, obtain credit memo for A/P).
- Manage general requests for quotes from project managers with minimal assistance.
- Manage review of complex orders (ie. large piece of equipment with multiple parts and multiple shipments) for completeness and accuracy. This will often require coordination with designer or engineer who obtained the original quote.
- Verify receipt of materials per invoices as requested.
- Physically check items received for damage and correctness per purchase order and quotes
- Maintain inventory system.
- Deliver parts to contractor as needed and document as inventory changes.
- Assist construction and safety manager as needed to facilitate project work.
- Flexibility to change priorities as needed to address emergencies.
- Promptly stages material as requested in an organized manner or delivers directly to recipient.
- Continuous improvement of all aspects of the job.
Quality and Execution:
Follow established processes and procedures.
Recognize & initiate/suggest opportunities for improvement.
Complete work in neat, accurate manner, free of errors.
Verify accuracy of documentation prior to submission.
Able to complete assigned tasks with little assistance.
Works effectively to meet deadlines/schedule on time.
Able to take direction from supervisor, but is primarily self-directed.
Provides timely response to internal requests for customer needs.
- Must be willing and able to work holidays, weekends and extended hours, as required for shutdowns.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- A&E Engineering, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity. Any offer of employment.
Compensation & Benefits
A&E Engineering, Inc. offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision; HSA; LT & ST Disability; 401(k); Paid Holidays, Sick & Vacation
Why A&E Engineering?
As a member of our team, you will be launching and building a successful career in automation and engineering, while tackling rewarding, fast-paced, high “geek-factor” assignments that challenge your intellect and skill. You will have the opportunity to learn from and work with some of the best engineering minds in the business; deepening your experience in industries such as automotive, chemicals, life sciences and others. While getting constant exposure to a wide variety of applications, industries, and customers, you will develop long term, beneficial relationships with key individuals. Your teammates at A&E will support you, have your back and aren’t afraid to have fun. Come be a part of a team that furthers your careers goals; rewards hard work, creativity and commitment; and cares about YOU.
A&E Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
No outside recruiters or agencies please.